Sunday, January 18, 2009

10 things I love...

Betsy has tagged me with a meme. Here's how you can join in: post a comment, AND ask for a letter (I get to pick the letter, but I promise it won't be "X"). Feel free to post even if you don't want to play.

TEN THINGS I LOVE, THAT BEGIN WITH the letter "F".......

1. FAMILY--see my THANKFUL THURSDAY POST.

2. FRIENDS--I have been blessed with wonderful friends.

3. FORGIVENESS--what a wonderful thing to receive, and give.

4. FREEDOM. Living in the U.S., I have so much freedom--more than most people in history, and more than many people in other countries. I don't want to turn this into a political post, but I am grateful, and mindful, of the freedom I enjoy.

5. FICTION-- reading it and writing it. I can't imagine life without stories.

6. FLOWERS. I love to see them, smell them, and even eat them---yes, there are many edible flowers, and I have a section of my garden devoted to them.

7. FUR--when it's still connected to a critter: the silky fur on Mr. Whiskers; the lush coat of Skitter Kitten; the magnificent ruff of Scooby; the resplendent pelage of Baby.

8. FRUIT. Since Christmas, I have eaten fruit with every meal. Mango, papaya, grapefruit, pineapple, tangerine, pear, persimmon, pomegranate, orange, banana...........

9. FIREFLIES--they are summer, and childhood dreams.

10. FLANNEL SHEETS. Trust me, when it's -24, you'd love them, too.


BTW, this is my fiftieth blog post!

4 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Neat-Neat-Neat Fiona... You did great and so quickly. I had to think and ponder before finishing mine. Yours is wonderful.. I love the Forgiveness one. Without forgiveness, nothing else is possible. I also like Freedom--because we don't realize what could happen without it. I also love anything flannel.... I have a flannel quilt which a friend made--and OH, how I love it this time of year.

Thanks again for participating.
Hugs,
Betsy

FIONA said...

Betsy, thank you for including me. It was wonderful to sit back and think about what is truly important, and what makes me smile.

OK, now we need some more folks willing to play.

Shellmo said...

Good use of the letter "F"~! I love flannel sheets too!

fengyebingxueer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.