Monday, January 5, 2009

BOOK OF THE WEEK.

HOT READING FOR A COLD WINTER'S NIGHT: SCREAM FOR ME by KAREN ROSE



Karen Rose is a NEW YORK TIMES, LONDON SUNDAY TIMES AND USA TODAY best-selling author. I'm going to gush so much over her and this book, you're going to think she's paid me. Well, you're wrong. It's just that Karen Rose is a wonderful person and a great writer and I want to introduce her to as many new readers as possible.

I've known Karen Rose since we were teenagers. She is brilliant, funny, kind, generous, thoughtful, a wonderful mother, and one of the best people I know. I have so much respect and admiration for her. And then, there are her books.

If you haven't read one of her books yet, you don't know what you're missing. Her books are classified as "Romantic Suspense" but that doesn't begin to describe the intricacies of her plots and her realistic characters . Well-written, tightly paced books about people who seem so real, you'll finish one of her books and feel like you have made new friends. Friends you'll want to read about again.

You're in luck. SCREAM FOR ME is the second in a three-part series. You don't have to have read the first, DIE FOR ME, to enjoy SCREAM FOR ME, but why miss out on another great read?

After you've read these two books, you'll want to read more. Lucky for you, the third book, KILL FOR ME, comes out on February 2, so you won't have long to wait.

Back to SCREAM FOR ME. In this book, as in the whole series, Karen Rose takes large, serious issues, and how they touch people's lives. As with all of her other books, they are well-researched. The characters move you. The love story is compelling, and the mystery is thrilling.

It's out. Today. In paperback. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. And, Karen Rose is blogging today over at THE GODDESS BLOGS. I know Sunday is my regular BLOG OF THE WEEK post, so count this as a two-for-one special. Great book AND a new blog for you to check out. What's not to love?

Even better, if you post over there today, AND post here today, I will enter you in a drawing to win her first two "FOR ME" books in paperback. That's right, a gift to you from me, just because I think you'll enjoy reading her books.

The winner will be announced tomorrow. Must be 18 or older.

5 comments:

phylliso said...

I have not heard of Karen Rose.Thank-you for directing me to her books.I posted over there,& here,so please enter me in your drawing.I will be reading her though whether or not I win,thanks!phylliso

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Thanks Fiona... Sounds like Karen Rose is not only a great author, but also a great lady!!!! I'll check out her books.
Hugs,
Betsy

FIONA said...

Phylliso and Betsy, always glad to introduce new readers to Karen.


Keep the lights on when you read this--it's intense!

Karen Rose said...

Awww, now I'm going to get mushy.

Thank you, Kay!

FIONA said...

Hi, Karen. Thanks for stopping by.

You rock.