Thursday, January 15, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY


Over at Rhondi’s blog, it is THANKFUL THURSDAY, so I'm going to join the fun.


I have so many reasons to be thankful, not only today, but every day. I'll hit the high points:

I have a husband who is wonderful. My mother told me the day I married him if she had been able to choose who I was to marry, she would have picked him. Her opinion, and mine, have not changed in two decades.

I am blessed with two fabulous children. The journey to parenthood was a long a difficult one. We were married over five years before our first son arrived. Three years later, our family was complete with our second son. Now that they're in the teen and tween years, I am still thankful, every day, for the privilege of being their mother.

We have everything in life we need--- a secure job, a safe home, a church we love, excellent schools, and (mostly) good health and wonderful family and friends.


I have the opportunity to pursue writing as a career. This has been a dream of mine for years, and now I am doing it full-time, or as full-time as anything can be with a husband, two kids, and various other responsibilities.


Thanks for letting me join your THANKFUL THURSDAY, RHONDI.


What are you thankful for today?

10 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Nice, positive post this morning, Fiona. We ALL do have so much to be thankful for--and we don't dwell on the GOOD things enough, do we?

Somebody opened the freezer door in Tennessee. Our low this morning was 10 degrees. We’ve had some snow–but just a dusting. It’s blowing around in the air mostly!!!

I gave my birdies some extra breakfast this morning!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

PC said...

thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

Lovely Thankful Thursday post. Thanks for stopping by today and your kind comment.

FIONA said...

Betsy, the only good thing about how cold it was here this morning (-24, and -46 with windchill) is that this is the coldest day of the year, and every other day will be WARMER.

PC, welcome to the blog.

Deb, nice to see you here, and I enjoyed your blog.

Jeanne said...

You made me feel good just reading your beautiful thankful list. We all need to be thankful for the love of our family and children. Not to forget our friends. a lovely thankful post.

Hugs...Jeanne

FIONA said...

Jeanne, thanks for stopping by. It's nice to know that so many people have so many things to be grateful for in their lives.

And thanks to Rhondi for starting me on THANKFUL THURSDAYS.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Fiona!

I got your message and wanted to drop back by and tell you how much I like your list. Great choices! Much for which to be thankful!

Here's wishing you a great weekend. Stay warm!

XO,

Sheila :-)

FIONA said...

Sheila,

We hit twenty ABOVE zero---45 degrees warmer than yesterday. I am so thankful.


You have a great weekend as well.

Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com said...

Thanks for sharing what you are thankful for. It's great to meet u. Stop by and visit me anytime! Rita @ TesoroFino.blogspot.com

FIONA said...

Hello Rita, and thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to visit you on your blog.