Friday, February 13, 2009

TGIF

A few updates.......

What a week. Both kids sick with strep, and I'm trying to catch up from being gone last weekend. I have done no real bogging (sorry, I miss my online friends), or writing, since last week. Cabin fever abounds. I did see THE DUCHESS to keep myself from going nuts, but I hated the movie. I don't usually blog about movies or books I dislike. This one just didn't work for me.

The conference was great. I still need to devote a real blog entry to it. Hopefully, that will happen this weekend. I need to tell everyone about the great authors I met, and some new ideas I have.

Construction update: No pictures (will post some this weekend), but things are happening. Walls are going up, the geothermal unit will be hooked up in a couple of weeks. We are still using the temporary electric radiators. I dread our Feb electric bill. They have dug a trench from the 6 wells to the house, and broke through the wall yesterday. The one window that needed to be moved has been moved. Our new couch is in, and they're going to hold it for us. Completion date is 5/5. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I loved participating in OWOH and plan on doing it again next year.

Yesterday was my dig-in-dirt day. I get to start thinking about the outdoor garden in two months. Too long to wait, so I needed a plant fix. I went to my favorite garden center and replaced all of my (indoor) herbs that died while we were gone over Christmas, and a couple other plants that bit the dust (again, pictures this weekend). I'm planning which plants will go where when the remodeling is done. That's as much fun as planning the furniture.

I saved the best for last---I'm out of my walking cast. Yea me. It still hurts some if I'm on my foot all day. No high heels for several more weeks, but no clunky cast, either. I ditched it for the conference last weekend, but needed it for a few days after I got home. Now it's in the closet.

So, what's new with you? Any good movies you would like to suggest? Are you doing any indoor or outdoor gardening?

8 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

The conference sounds great! And so glad your cast is OFF!!! And wasn't the OWOH giveaway just the most fun ever! I feel like I've been on a trip though as I've spent a lot of time enjoying all the participants but I haven't done much else. Today, I'm trying to get back to an organized "front" and the shelties are even cooperating. Usually when I get busy moving around they are good but just let me sit down and they're after me to let them out and let them back in and so forth. Still, I wouldn't have it any other way!

FIONA said...

Coralie, I know what you mean about the shelties. Ours are used to going in and out almost every hour when I'm home. They are frustrated that the workmen have the gate open all day, so the dogs can't go in the back yard from 7:30-4. They have to be walked. It was difficult with the ice in a cast. Sooooo, very few walks til my kids came home from school at 3.

They are happy for the weekends, too.

Aleta said...

Hi,Fiona - I'm anxious to hear about your conference! I looked at the conference website and it really sounds like it would be fun! It is great to get together with other writers and learn. I'm glad your house project is faring well.
I hope your kids have gotten over their strep. That seems to be going around.
We saw the movie "New in Town" at the theater and if you like comedy, I highly recommend it. We really enjoyed it.
As for indoor gardening, I planted more seeds for Angel's kitty greens and replanted her indoor catnip, and also trimmed back one houseplant that was taking over the room. Outside today I pruned the rose arbor and the rose of sharon bushes. I wasn't sure if it was the right time of year to do the rose of sharons, but oh WELL - it's done now! I'm hoping it'll make them put out more blooms as I haven't done it for a couple of years.
Congrats for getting rid of your walking cast!

FIONA said...

HI Aleta!

Kitty greens sound great. Maybe I'll get some for Mr Whiskers. He keeps eating my lavender!

I would love to grow Rose of Sharon, but it gets too cold here. The last time we were in Korean the mountainsides were in bloom with them.

Annie said...

Fiona,
Good to have you back. Glad you are out of your "boot" and everything is on the mend.

FIONA said...

Hi Annie. I was so happy to pack away that boot.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Sounds like your life is full and busy. Can't wait to hear about the conference and the authors you met, Fiona.

We were away for a couple of days this weekend doing some hiking and 'waterfalling'... GREAT to be out in nature!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

FIONA said...

Betsy, Have a great time. I can't wait to see your new waterfall pictures.