Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday 2/19/09



If you have been following the blog this week, you won't be surprised that my Thankful Thursday post is regarding my friend's son Henry.

Short recap:
Henry was injured on a church skiing trip last weekend. He was airlifted to a hospital, and was in an ICU, in a coma. Things looked grim , and his parents were given low expectations for his future.

Then, he woke up. He demanded his cell phone. He began eating and drinking. Monday he will be transferred to a local rehabilitation center. It is amazing how a near-tragedy has become cause for celebration.


I am going to continue this blog, but may not post again until next week. I want to try to concentrate on completing a short story and submitting it. I have had several distractions in my personal life that I want to think through and a week off the internet should give me a little time to think and plan what I'm going to do in this next stage of my life.


I hope to report back with some new short-term goals next week.

Comment moderation will be turned off, but I will try to check in from time to time to see your comments.

6 comments:

Carole said...

Wow now that is something wonderful to be thankful for!

Isn't is amazing how sometimes our brains just get so clogged with thoughts and ideas from the internet that sometimes you just need a break from it to clear your head out? You'll be missed though, don't take TOO long! :-D

FIONA said...

Thanks, Carol. I'll check back in from time to time, when I have to do my emailing.

Wendy said...

I am thrilled for your friend's son! Isn't it wonderful when it works out that way? I always wonder, "Okay, what does that MEAN? What is that person supposed to do with that second chance?" Lots of food for thought!

FIONA said...

Wendy, I beginning to think that every morning is a second chance--I'm getting very introspective these days.

Aleta said...

I am so glad to hear that your friend's son is recovering!

FIONA said...

Aleta, it is amazing how well he is doing. The rehab hospital is fantastic.