Thursday, February 26, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY 2/26/09

Over at Rhondi’s blog , it is THANKFUL THURSDAY. Check out her post and the others linked there.



FORGIVENESS.......



Martin Luther King, jr.:

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.




Confucius:

The more you know yourself, the more you forgive yourself.



William Blake:

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.




Mohandas K. Gandhi:

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

4 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Forgiveness is so empowering! Once given, it is a gift to self! Thanks for the reminder!

FIONA said...

So true, Coralie. I'm working on completing my post. Please check back this evening.

Shellmo said...

This is the 3rd post I've read today that must be a sign from god to our family! One of my husband's ex employees committed som atrocious acts this week and I was so angry. I have to find forgiveness.... (But I do want justice rendered.)

FIONA said...

Shelllmo, I don't think justice and forgiveness are mutually exclusive.

Justice does not need to be the same thing as revenge.