Wednesday, March 4, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY 3/5/09

Friends.......

Over the past couple of weeks I have had tremendous support from many friends. I know it's cliche (but they are cliches because they contain truth) that you don't really know who your friends are until things aren't going well.

Today it's my turn to give a little back. I've been writing about my friend's son, Henry, and his accident and injury. He's in rehab now, and doing much better. Today was his first day in the pool, and he was able to move his leg on his weak side.

Well, some mutual friends set up a Wiki so all of us can sign up to help with meals and other things for the family. Today is my day to do dinner for their family. I signed up a week after the accident, and this was the first day I could get, because so many friends, acquaintances, and friends of friends had signed up, too.

I was amazed to see how many people were willing to help. WOW.

I'm surrounded by kind, generous people and I'm so thankful for them.








Check out Rhondi’s blog for the other THANKFUL THURSDAY participants.

2 comments:

Shellmo said...

Glad to hear your friend's son is doing well! And nice of you to prepare a meal for them!

FIONA said...

Shellmo, we are so thankful Henry is doing better every day. He gets to see his dog today!