Thursday, August 27, 2009

SUMMER READING

Read and loved (so far this summer):

I CAN SEE YOU by Karen Rose
This is Rose at her best. Wonderful characters, suspense that kept me up all night reading, a clever mystery, and a great romance. She can't write fast enough to suit me. As always, I have given several copies as gifts.

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee--A re read.
I read this ever summer. My favorite novel.

THREE CUPS OF TEA by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
WOW. How did I go so long without reading this? I've given copies as gifts.

INTO THIN AIR and INTO THE WILD by Jon Krakauer
My oldest son loved INTO THIN AIR and wanted something else by the author. I had to read them, because he raved about them. The writing is excellent. I don't always agree with the author's POV intruding in the the telling of ITW. I want to read THE CLIMB to get another perspective on ITA.

PEONY IN LOVE by Lisa See
Perfect summer reading. An adult fairy tale. I read it on the dock by the lake last week.


Currently Reading:

PERDIDO STREET STATION by China Mieville
Dark beginning. I've had to restart it twice.

LADIES OF LIBERTY by Cokie Roberts
Great read, but not my idea of summer reading, so I read a little at a time.

THE ELEGANCE OF THE HEDGEHOG by Muriel Barbery and Alison Anderson
Started it last month, and misplaced it for a few weeks. It's going with me on our trip to Sweden next week.

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO by Stieg Larsson
DH is reading it, too, so I haven't finished it yet.



There were several books I started and either hated and gave away, or will try to complete later. They aren't on my current reading or read and loved lists.

I won't even try to list my TBR pile.


So, what are you reading, or have you read this summer?

2 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Thanks Fiona, I printed off your list. I am always looking for books --and never seem to know what to get...

Thanks so much..
Hugs,
Betsy

FIONA said...

I'd love to hear your list, too, Betsy.