Monday, September 14, 2009

Lund, Sweden, and Copenhagen, Denmark

DH and I fell in love with Sweden! He had a conference in Lund, Sweden, and I had a week to explore.



I went every day to the 11th century Lund Cathedral. Each time I went, I was amazed by the beautiful space.




One day I stumbled on the remains of a 10th century church.




Our lunches were whatever we gleaned from the local farmers' market. It provided us with food....




...entertainment...




...snacks, and something to brighten the minimalist decor of our hotel room.





Every meal was incredible. Who knew herring could be so beautiful? And edible?





There were flowers everywhere. Abundant flower shops...




...tiny gardens...






...and decorative carvings on buildings.




The architecture was a delight. So many unexpected animals.







Even the streets were beautiful.






Bikes were the transportation of choice. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see the mail delivered by bike.





One free afternoon we spent in Copenhagen. We enjoyed the unique architecture...




...found a modern art exhibit..




...and were serenaded by the football enthusiasts.




Everywhere we went, Lund, Copenhagen, and Amsterdam, had the good taste to have Karen Rose's KILL FOR ME.




Unfortunately, we had to go home.




Pups and...




...kitties were waiting. Soon we'll be forgiven.




Have you been someplace interesting lately?

6 comments:

Annie said...

What a beautiful trip. Thanks for taking us along.

FIONA said...

Annie, I loved Sweden. I hope we can go back someday.

Rhondi said...

Hi Fiona
It's been a long time since we went someplace really interesting. We were in Sweden and Denmark years ago. I loved Copenhagen. As we drove through Sweden it reminded us of Canada. The landscape was the same.
Thanks for wanting to join in Thankful Thursday but I'm not doing a link up anymore for it.
((hugs) Rhondi

FIONA said...

Thanks for stopping by, Rhondi. I thought Denmark and Sweden reminded me of MN and WI. I loved every minute of the trip.

We just found out that one of our former exchange students is graduating form college in Madrid, so our whole family is going to the graduation in June. I haven't be to Spain in 23 years!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a great time you had! But oh, those sweet sweet animals waiting for your return. Love them all! Your shelties and kitty-cats are so beautiful!

FIONA said...

Thanks, Coralie. It's hard to leave them, and we're so happy to see them when we come home, but the cats stay angry with us for a few days. We have been forgiven.