Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.........

It's WHITE WEDNESDAY, inside and out.

This is the first nativity scene DH and I had. It's made of paper and folds flat in an envelope---perfect for a young couple with little storage and even less money.



My dear S-I-L gave us this tree about 10 years ago. It came with red and green balls and we kept it decorated that way for years. After enjoying so many of everyone's WHITE WEDNESDAY posts, I decided to add a little more white to my decorating.

This is on our four-season porch, and I love the way the sun plays on the ornaments.





As I looked around our house, I found a few more winter whites.

Yes, that is a cotton garland on the bookcase. I found it at a small shop, and laughed until it hurt. I grew up in the south, and in early November, the fields were beautiful--white with cotton. It's a sight I don't get in Minnesota.











One of my orchids brings a tropical touch to the winter landscape.






Outside, we finally have our white, too. Yesterday we had a real Minnesota snow storm, and it painted the yard with a lovely white.
















You'll find more links to all things white on Faded Charm Cottage.
Have a warm and wonderful White Wednesday.

5 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Fiona! I really enjoyed seeing all of your lovely decorations for Christmas. I love the ones that have sentimental meaning most.

XO,

Sheila :-)

P.S. Stella is slated to go back to England right after Christmas and is slated to be at Disney on Christmas. Maybe she could make another American tour some time, so I will be sure and let Lindsay know you'd like to host if that happens! If we had more time, I would happily send her packing your way! I know she'd like to meet you and the Shelties! :-)

FIONA said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sheila.

It looks like your time with Stella was fantastic. She's welcome to visit us any time.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh Fiona, You have a white Christmas both inside and outside. How special is that.

I love your little 'winter white' tree. Very cute...

Stay safe and WARM.
Hugs,
Betsy

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Madame!!! How heart-warming to see your lovely things and home; it brings back fond memories of those days working with your little men! What a storm, n'est-ce pas? Anita

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Lovely winter whites, Fiona! I have some white on my grounds and am feeling a bit chilly today. But it's beautiful! Thanks so much for your concern over my little sheltie who, as you know, is fine now that her episode is over! They are something aren't they, those shelties. You just have to love 'em and hug 'em all the time! Yours are so beautiful!!! Hugs to all of you! Coralie