Sunday, December 20, 2009

Peace



During this last week before Christmas, among the last of the shopping, wrapping, baking and letter-writing, Baby reminded me to slow down.

I put down my list, which has grown to epic proportions this week, and enjoyed the tree and Christmas music.

Skitter Kitten sat on the arm my chair and purred.

My oldest son was out playing in the snow, and my youngest son was practicing piano.

Peace, in our homes, in our towns, in our countries, and in ourselves--that is my wish for Christmas.

7 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Peace is what is should be all about. But we don't seem to do it that way, do we???? Glad your babies made you realize that it was time to relax and enjoy Christmas.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy

FIONA said...

Yes, Betsey, it's now time to relax and enjoy Christmas.

We're supposed to get a foot of snow over Christmas---yea!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Im right there with you, Fiona. I feel like I can finally see daylight with my decorating, and I have gotten a lot done the last two days. Now, it's time to ENJOY and SAVOR. I only have a little more tweaking to do before the big days! :-)

I have the same wish you do...

XO,

Sheila :-)

FIONA said...

Sheila,

Have a great Christmas.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Precious picture!!! I just love your beautiful fur-kids! They really do know how to teach us to slow down, don't they. Cuddle up and enjoy the blessings of the season! Merry Christmas, friend! Hugs, Coralie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fiona, I am dropping back by in case I get bogged under these next two days to wish you a lovely Christmas filled with all the joys your heart can hold. Sending you love across the miles...

XO,

Sheila :-)

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

AMEN!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens