Thursday, December 3, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY 12/03/09


I am so thankful for ADVENT, and for the time each evening when we light our Advent candle.

This time of year is often cluttered with shopping, cooking, parties and other must-dos. While each can be a pleasure or a chore, depending on how overwhelmed I'm feeling at the time, sitting down to dinner with my family and lighting the advent candle gives us all a chance to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and prepare our hearts for Christmas.



Please visit Rhondi’s blog and check out the other THANKFUL THURSDAY participants.



6 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Fiona
I am so glad that you decided to join Thankful Thursday! I wish we had done the advent candles when our kids were little. It would have gotten the emphasis back on Jesus instead of Santa. I encourage you to start counting gifts. I find myself looking for things to be thankful for now!
Hugs, Rhondi

FIONA said...

Rhondi, your Thankkful Thursday blog has been so inspirational.

I'm going to start posting my 1000 blessings after Christmas.

January is cold and gloomy here, and I will enjoy lifting my spirits by focusing on being thankful during that cold, dark time.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fiona, I loved reading this. I need to get very still today and think about the Lord. Lots of craziness going on right now. So this gave me time to focus on Him.
Thanks!

And I always love your sheltie pictures on your blog and the one next to your name. They are the most beautiful little dogs. I had a standard collie, and so did my husband growing up. We loved them dearly. Those little collie faces, whether big or little, just steal your heart away!

XO,

Sheila :-)

FIONA said...

Thanks for stopping by, Magpie. I love your blog and realized today that I wasn't a "follower."

Glad I caught that and fixed it.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Such a special reminder about the reason for the season :-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

You just reminded me - I need advent candles too! I have my advent calendar which I love dearly.