Thursday, February 25, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY: my office


When Dh and I started our remodel project last year, one of my "must haves" was a home office. A place to write, a place to think a place to read, a place to be. (vase and votive were estate sale finds, and look like the "real thing")

We share the space. Often we work there at different times. I'm there during the day and sometimes I'm alone there for hours.

He uses it mainly as an office-away-from-work, and stores things there he wants to keep, but doesn't need to have at hand at work.
My side has reference books, useful supplies and a handy jar of dog/cat treats. I have a pillow in my chair that I bought in SF last year, when I went to a writers' conference there.
In the corner, I have some plants and a fountain. I love the sound of the water and having living things sharing the space.

Skitter Kitten has a favorite spot in the desk to sleep, Baby and Scooby come in and out, mostly for the treats I keep in a jar on the desk. Mr Whiskers is still getting used to the room and visits to scratch on the scratching pad. None of them wanted to pose for this entry.



Since we set up the office, I've written more, read more, and felt more in tune with my writing. I'm so thankful to have a place I can call my own for writing.

What are you thankful for today?


More THANKFUL THURSDAY links on Rhondi’s blog.

10 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Fiona
Every woman needs a space to call her own. I am so happy for you that you have one, and it's a very nice one too!
Hugs, Rhondi

FIONA said...

Thanks, Rhondi. I really did need this space. I can't believe what a difference it has made in my writing time.

Stella said...

Everyone needs a place to call there own even if it is just a comfy chair in a corner. Lucky you what nice cheerful office. I am glad you enjoy it. Stella

FIONA said...

Thanks, Stella. It is a cheerful place.

Brenda said...

I understand your need for that space - I have a sewing room and love to just hang out there...I like your idea of the fountain - what a wonderful relaxing sound..

Great space!

FIONA said...

Hi Brenda. Thanks for stopping by.

I wish I could sew. I tried in HS and it was a disaster. Maybe it's time to try again!

The Muse said...

great that you have a space...a little spot to let your creativity soar!

phylliso said...

I would be embarrassed to show my creating space.For some reason,I can only create in total chaos....that being told,I am thankful for our home in the woods with nature surrounding us,I feel my spirit is free here,phylliso

Barb said...

Looks like a lovely space for you. I especially like the corner with the plants and the fountain.

FIONA said...

Barb, I consider that corner my oasis. The sound of the fountain is sooo soothing.