Sunday, February 7, 2010

A visitor



This is one of the things I enjoy about winter--the leaves are gone and I can get a better view of the birds.

Lately, I've been getting impatient for Spring--the seed catalogs are arriving two or three a day, the days are getting longer, it's time to think about summer camps for my boys, and the stores have swimsuits and Easter outfits displayed!

I'm daydreaming about moving the raspberries, redesigning the herb garden, and what sort of exotic peppers YOUNGEST SON and I can plant in the front garden.

With all of the snow, wind, and cold weather, it's nice to have something like this to remind me of the joys of winter.

3 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Great picture of the Pileated Woodpecker. I have had one several times at my feeders this winter (a first for me)... If you didn't see it, check out my blog on January 14...

Hugs,
Betsy

phylliso said...

Wow,I`ve been trying & trying to get a pic of our woodpeckers,following them around & they just "laugh"at me & fly away.I can`t wait for warmer weather when I can sit in the woods for awhile.Great picture!1phylliso

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a great picture, Fiona! Loved seeing that woodpecker...

XO,

Sheila :-)