Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday 3/25/10

Late post today.

I'm very thankful today that my son's surgery went well and he is home. He had his tonsils and adenoids out.

My heartfelt thanks go out to the doctors, nurses, iv team, lab techs and everyone else who cared for my child and who works behind the scenes to make the hospital function.

They work long hours, deal with things most of us would rather not see, and do it in a caring, professional manner.

Thank you all.


Thankful Thursday is sponsored by Rhondi’s blog.

8 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi Fiona
I'mglad that your son cmae through the surgery well. That is definitely something to be thankful for.
Hugs, Rhondi

phylliso said...

I`m thankful for the sucessful surgery too,will pray your son will heal well,phylliso

nanaofnc said...

Truly a great list of things for which to be thankful. xo,

Steph said...

What a genuine heartfelt thankfulness we feel when our children come through like this. So glad for all of you. And I agree with you, those folks at the hospital are pretty special.

FIONA said...

Thanks, everyone. Popsicles and mango sorbet are his mainstays, along with the nice red liquid that helps him sleep.

You're right Steph, They are unsung heroes.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Great news, Fiona... I had my tonsils out when I was about 6 yrs. old or so.... I remember that all I wanted was ICE CREAM... Maybe that's why I love ice cream to this day.

Yes, thank God for our doctors and nurses. I feel sorry for them and the hospitals when these Healthcare changes begin. I think the Congress put the cart before the horse---passed something we cannot afford, or were ready to do... Oh Well!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Fiona: I am so glad that your son's surgery went well. I will pray the he feels better quickly. Blessings, Martha

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fiona, I pray that your son continues to feel better with each day's passing till he's in the pink again! :-)

Hugs to you, dear lady...

XO,

Sheila :-)