Thursday, March 4, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY--SIGNS OF SPRING

With almost two feet of snow still on the ground, I needed a little SPRING in my life.

DH sent some to me while he was away on a business trip to Texas. I love to see the stalks shoot up from the dirt and explode in flowers. The crocuses just faded, and most of the tiny daffodils have opened. Soon there will be hyacinths and tulips. Each morning I get up and check my "garden." I love daffodils and plant lots of them, because the deer don't eat them and they spread each year.


Skitter kitten sat still just long enough for me to fit her with some Spring attire. The ribbon is now shredded, as all ribbon tied to her is destined to be.



Check out more reasons to be thankful at Rhondi’s blog.


What are you thankful for today? Are there any signs of Spring in your world? What are your favorite spring flowers?

7 comments:

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What great signs of spring, Fiona... I can't wait 'til our Crocuses and Daffodils bloom... Right now, they are just barely poking through the ground. It's been so cold here this winter. Spring will probably be a little late this year.

I love your little 'garden'... How special is that.
Hugs,
Betsy

Annie said...

Daffodils are so wonderful. I used to plant them too. And DH in Texas...and we didn't meet him?!

Rhondi said...

Hi Fiona
When we lived in Canada I used to get spring bulbs at the grocery store at this time of year and it really cheered me up when I knew there was still probably a month of winter still to come.
Hugs, Rhondi

phylliso said...

Thank-you for bringing us some spring today.I am thankful for my pets,without them I would be very lonely,phylliso

FIONA said...

Betsy, I'm sure your crocuses and daffodils will be beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them on you blog.

Annie, DH was in Dallas for a conference, and was in meetings for most of the day and evening. He said everyone from Texas was wonderful and the food was great. He brought back some potent hot sauce.

Rhondi, you really understand my impatience for spring, and the need to see something GROWING this time of year.

Phylliso, I'm thankful for my pets every day. Since I work at home, the provide important companionship. I would have serious cabin fever without them.

Steph said...

Your Shelties are so cute and I love Skitter kitten all dressed up for spring. Don't potted flowers bring such a lasting breathe of spring inside?

FIONA said...

Steph, I wouldn't make it through the winter without my houseplants.

Skitterkitten was much happier about 5 min after the picture was taken and she had killed the evil ribbon.