Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHITE WEDNESDAY--BABY BLANKET EDITION

White Wednesday is sponsored by Faded Charm Cottage.


My niece and her husband are expecting their first baby this summer. Along with starting baby’s library (check it out and give me some more suggestions!) I made a crib blanket.
Other than a few prayer shawls, I haven't done much crocheting in the past few years. After a couple of false starts, it came together.

My nephew and his wife recently told us they are expecting their first child in the fall. I started their baby's blanket as soon as I completed this one.

I'll get busy on the needlework for the babies' rooms when the next blanket is done.

Christmas is going to be soooooo fun this year, with two new children in the family.

What new or ongoing projects are you doing?

13 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

Beautiful work...they will love it!
Rene'

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh how wonderful Fiona.... There's a baby-boom in your family!!!!! Isn't it nice that you can make something so special for each of them????? The crib blanket is just precious. I know that they will cherish it.

You are a talented lady.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jeannie B. said...

The blanket is beautiful.

I always have ongoing projects and it usually takes somekind of deadline to finish. What a good feeling, I know it!

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

How wonderful. The blanket is gorgeous. Very special.

Sherry said...

That is beautiful. I love it when a baby is coming.
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Bee-You-Tee-Full! very well done! I hopped in from Faded Charm and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

A Cottage Muse said...

They will just adore it! If I can make 2 suggestions for baby's library...Corduroy and Henry's Awful Mistake.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Your'e a busy lady and do such beautiful work. I will bet they love it:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

Victoria said...

That is beautiful, what a lucky baby:)

Wanda Lee Of Dressing Table Heaven said...

Lovely! Such beautiful filligree work!.., It will be a treasure for them and baby for years to come, to be sure!~

Do please pop by for a visit, this is my first,'White Wednesday' and I'm wanting to meet as many fellow particpants as I'm able to meet!..,

Cheers from Wanda Lee @ Dressing Table Heaven

Faded Charm said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I never had the patience, but have been lucky enough to receive some special blankets.

Also, I love all your photos of your beautiful dogs.

Take care,

Kathleen

Vintage Amethyst said...

Aaahhh so lovely.
love
Alison
x

Rita said...

So glad I found the link to your blog at Kathleen's so that I could enjoy your lovely post.
great gift and beautifully crocheted crib blanket. They are definitely gonna love it and passed down to th grand children for sure.
have a great sunday
rita